Which do You Prefer? AT&T Uverse or Comcast
AT&T U-verse: Digital TV, Broadband, and Home Phone
Promotional Offers and Pricing
Offer has expired. View Current Offer.
As of April 2012, AT&T UVerse is offering two different Triple Play bundles, with varying TV packages and Internet speeds. The two packages are priced at $xx and $xx per month, with a price lock guarantee of 12 months. This pricing does not include any applicable taxes and fees, which vary depending on the service area. Both plans come with a $150 cash back offer.
Most bundles don’t include HD service, but the service can be added for $10/month. With the cheaper plan, you will get up to 130 channels. With the higher priced bundle, you will get up to 360 channels. The number of channels available will depend on your local service area. Both bundles will include a DVR, but the more expensive bundle includes two HD ready receivers, whereas the cheaper bundle does not include an HD receiver. If you’re an avid movie watcher, the larger bundle includes the option to add HBO and Cinemax at no additional charge for the first three months.
The cheapest triple play bundle offers “Pro” Internet service featuring download speeds up to 3Mbps, with non-disclosed upload speeds. Other bundles offer “Max” Internet service, featuring speeds up to 12Mbps, with an undisclosed upload speed.
The telephone service between the two bundles is the same. It includes 250 minutes per month, with 20 additional calling features such as Call Waiting and Call Forwarding. Calls can be made to anywhere in the United States, Virgin Islands, Northern Marinas, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Additional minutes are billed at 5 cents each.
Comcast Triple Play
Promotional Offers and Pricing
Comcast has several different Triple Play bundle options available, depending on how many TV channels you want, and how fast your want your Internet to be. The price ranges from $99.99 a month for 12 months to $199.99 a month for 12 months with a two year agreement. New customers are eligible to receive anywhere from $100 to $250 in cash back, depending on the bundle. These prices do not include taxes and service fees, which vary based on your local area.
- The $99 bundle includes: 80+ channels, with the number of HD channels varying on the local area. Get Showtime for 3 months, for no additional cost.
- The $119 bundle includes: 160+ channels including Starz, with the number of HD channels varying on the local area. Get Showtime for 3 months, for no additional cost.
- The $139 bundle includes: 170+ channels, including Starz and HBO, with the number of HD channels varying on the local area.Get Showtime for 3 months, for no additional cost. This bundle also includes Infinity StreamPix, (a service similar to Netflix that allows for unlimited streaming of TV and movies to any TV, computer, or mobile device in the home.)
- The $159 bundle includes: 200+ channels, including: HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Showtime.The number of HD channels available will vary depending on the service area. This bundle also includes Infinity StreamPix, and the Sports Entertainment Package.
- The $199 bundle includes: 200+ channels, including: HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime and The Movie Channel. The number of HD channels available will vary depending on the local area. This option also includes Any Room DVR service, which allows you to record and watch from any room (up to four) in the home. This bundle also includes Infinity StreamPix, and the Sports Entertainment Package.
- The $99 and $119 bundles include: up to 20Mbps download speeds. Upload speeds are not disclosed.
- The $139, $159, and $199 bundles include: up to 30Mbps download speeds. Upload speeds are not disclosed.
All five bundle plans include unlimited calling to anywhere in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, with additional calling features such as: Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, and Call Forwarding.
If you need a cost effective plan and aren’t too worried about your phone, then AT&T will likely be the best option. However, if you’re more concerned about the volume of service and your Internet speed, Comcast takes this one. With more bundles to choose from, greater TV offerings, and much faster Internet speeds, it beats AT&T hands down. If you need unlimited phone service, Comcast offers this with all plans, whereas the phone service with AT&T Uverse is limited.
As promotional offers and special deals are constantly changing and vary based on your local service area, we advise you to contact the companies to find out what the best deal in your area is. While we strive to keep our information current, prices and deals are subject to change at any time without notice.