Optimum Online offers television, data, and digital phone services to consumers in many New England cities and areas. Perhaps due to the high population density of New England, Optimum Online is able to deliver very impressive services and features at very attractive price points. Services and features can be purchased individually, or bundled for even greater savings. Optimum Online offers Triple Play bundling, which includes digital phone services, digital television, and broadband data access.
Optimum Online Internet:
Optimum online has many value added features that make their data plans their most exciting offering, and one that truly stands out from the crowd. Before exploring the plans offered by Optimum Online, it is worth exploring those unique twists that make Optimum Online’s data plans noteworthy. The biggest twist is their emphasis on community WiFi access, especially in subway and train stations around the region, but there are plenty of other WiFi hotspots too. Optimum Online offers a WiFi locator, and this alone is a very valuable service to have for those who are constantly on the go.
Cable Vs DSL:
Due to the fact that Optimum delivers their data services over coaxial cables, it is not surprising to find comparisons between their services and DSL. The comparisons are slightly disingenuous however, due to the fact that the generic telecom DSL download speeds represented on the comparison chart are limited to 3 Mbps and uploads are limited to 768 Kbps, neither of which accurately reflect modern DSL speeds at comparable rates. Putting this bit of marketing hyperbole aside for a moment, Optimum Online’s two data plans are both very fast. The plans are referred to simply as Optimum Online and Optimum Online Boost.
Optimum Online Data Plans:
The Optimum Online plan offers download speeds of up to 15 Mbps and uploads of up to 2 Mbps, which places it in the mid-to-high end Cable/DSL territory, but the 30 Mbps downloads and 5 Mbps uploads offered by the Optimum Online Boost plan are nothing short of fast by any standard.
Both of the Optimum Online plans come with CA’s Internet Security Plus suite that provides basic malware protection and a rudimentary firewall that is likely to be a small step up from the firewall included with Windows or OS X. Additionally, Optimum Online offers 2 GB of online storage via a partnership with Carbonite. All of the web features, including the security suite, are presented in an easy to understand manner via a clever series of video tutorials. The video tutorials are available for all Optimum Online services.
Optimum Voice services offers all of the basic features one would expect to find in a digital telephone service: anonymous call blocking, Caller ID, anonymous calling, caller ID blocking, call forwarding, 3-way calling, VIP ringing, and enhanced voicemail that can be accessed online. Unlimited 411 access can be useful for those that find themselves constantly needing to look up a phone number or get movie times, and the integrated battery available with Optimum’s cable modem offerings are all useful. Any complaint cable modem can be used with Optimum’s services, but a battery backup is a very useful feature for those planning on bundling data and phone services. Those who wish to bundle data, phone, and television services may also appreciate the option to have caller ID displayed on the television.
The Optimum Voice services offer unlimited calls within the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, but calls to other destinations will cost extra. Optimum Voice has an optional International calling package that bundles 250 monthly minutes for a flat rate, or a per-minute calling plan. This flexibility is another nice customer-oriented approach as it allows those who call Internationally infrequently a viable alternative to spending a monthly premium. Those consumers that do make several international calls each month will probably opt for the monthly plan and be able to relax and enjoy their conversations without worrying about how much it is costing them due to the flat rate.
iO TV & International Programming:
The digital cable service offered with Optimum Online is referred to as iO TV, and comes with nearly 500 channels of programming. Over 100 of those channels are offered in sharp high definition, and that number continues to increase. There are literally thousands of on demand offerings, movie and sports channel packages, and even 6 different international channel groups: iO in Espanol, iO Korean, iO Chinese, iO Japanese, iO Italian, iO Portuguese, iO Punjabi, iO Brazil, iO French, iO Polish, iO Filipino, iO Russian, and iO South Asian. Each package contains various networks from around the world, though the number of channels varies from one package to the next.
The HD DVR is tightly integrated with the data plan, and allows for remote programming from anywhere in the world. This can be perfect if a business trap lasts longer than expected, or if a water cooler conversation builds interest in a show or event. Up to two shows can be recorded while watching another, and a total of 100 hours of SD or 24 hours of HD video can be stored. Optimum Online offers DVR services for a low monthly fee.
Contact Optimum to establish service or make changes to your existing service by calling the customer service number for you local area from the the list below:
- Bridgeport, Fairfield, Milford, Southport, Stratford: 203-336-2225
- Easton: 203-452-0097
- Litchfield: 860-567-3103
- Norwalk, Darien, Weston, Westport, Wilton: 203-847-6666
- Orange, Woodbridge: 203-562-4955
- Redding, Georgetown: 203-438-7783
- Stamford, Cos Cob, Greenwich, New Canaan, Riverside: 203-348-9211
- New Jersey
- Bayonne: 201-436-2500
- Bergen/Cresskill, Bergenfield, Cresskill, Dumont, Fair Lawn, New Milford: 201-262-8600
- Elizabeth: 908-353-0404
- Hamilton, Mercerville, Robbinsville, Trenton, Yardville: 609-586-2288
- Hudson County: Hoboken, North Bergen, Union City, Weehawken, West New York: 201-798-6060
- Matamoras (NJ & PA areas): Branchville, Layton, Milford, Mill Rift, Montague: 570-491-4837
- Monmouth Optimum: Freehold, Howell, Jackson, Lakewood, Manalapan: 732-367-2582or 732-780-4868
- Monmouth Seaside: Chadwick Beach, Lavallette, Ocean Beach, Ortley Beach, Seaside: 732-830-1103
- Monmouth/Wall: Asbury Park, Farmingdale, Neptune, Ocean Twp., Wall: 732-681-4100
- Morris County: 973-398-5757, 973-884-0027, 973-697-2839
- Newark: Newark, South Orange: 973-622-6150
- Oakland: Elmwood Park, Hackensack, Ho Ho Kus, Lodi, Kinnelon, Ramsey, Saddle Brook, Pompton Plains, Upper Saddle River: 973-279-6660
- Paterson: 973-279-6660 or 800-877-8849
- Raritan Valley: Bridgewater, Edison, North Brunswick, Old Bridge, Piscataway: 732-548-2400, 732-583-0606, 732-356-1300, 732-297-4946, 908-766-5008, 908-719-2770
- New York
- Bronx/Brooklyn: 718-617-3500
- Long Island East: Babylon, Brookhaven, East Hampton, Islip, Riverhead, Shelter Island, Smithtown, Southold, Southampton: 631-267-6900 or 631-727-6300
- Long Island West: Hempstead, Huntington, North Hempstead, Oyster Bay: 516-364-8400
- Matamoras(NY area): Middletown, Port Jervis, Unionville, Westtown: 845-856-7738
- Ramapo: Hillburn, Mahwah, Sloatsburg, Suffern, Tuxedo: 201-236-9712, 845-624-8200, 845-351-2916
- Rockland: Airmont, Chestnut Ridge, Montvale, Nanuet, New Hempstead: 201-236-9712, 845-624-8200, 845-351-2916
- Warwick: Chester Village, Florida, Stockholm, Sugar Loaf, West Milford: 845-986-2069, 973-728-0301
- Wappingers Falls: Parts of Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Ulster counties: 845-297-3333, 800-577-2225, 845-782-8206
- Westchester, Northern: Mt. Kisco, Ossining, Peekskill, Putnam Valley, Suffern, Haverstraw: 800-577-2225
- Westchester, Southern: Mamaroneck, Rye, Scarsdale, White Plains: 914-777-9000
- Westchester/Yonkers: Dover, North Salem, Port Chester, Wingdale, Yonkers, Yorktown: 800-868-9840, 800-869-4909, 914-378-8900, 800-244-2328, 914-937-0774, 914-962-4444
See our company contact information for a comprehensive list of customer service telephone numbers.